NSSA is a unique and dynamic organisation providing world class social security services. Caring for and about our customers and stakeholders is central to the way we do business. We strive to deliver our services with respect, empathy, dignity and care.
We are looking for vibrant and trailblazing individuals to join our team in the following roles:
Senior IT Auditor – National Social Security Authority
Reporting to the Audit manager, the successful candidate will assist in conducting Information Technology Audits on the Authority’s Information Systems Procedures in order to ensure that all activities are managed to promote adequate and effective systems of internal controls at reasonable cost.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the information technology environment (Operating systems, networks, infrastructure, billing systems, information databases, financial reporting systems and all peripheral/interfaced applications) including general systems controls.
- Continuously apply a forensic approach and a deep understanding of how hackers work in audit of information technology systems and is able to keep up with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld and cyber security space.
- Review and recommend ways to seek vulnerabilities in IT infrastructures and seeking to build in security during the development stages of software systems, networks and data centers.
- Conduct audits in accordance with international audit standards, guidelines and best practices to meet planned audit objectives and compile evidence to support audit opinion.
- Carryout data integrity reviews on data generation, processing, reporting, archival, retrieval and destruction.
- Prepare working papers in accordance with IPPF and internal documentation requirements to support audit results and conclusion drawn.
- Champion data mining and analytics use and capability development both within the internal audit department and the wider business.
- Provide risk and control consulting to business on pre and post implementation system development and enhancements.
- A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
• A professional qualification in Information Systems e.g Certified Information System Auditor ‘CISA’, Professional ‘CISSP’, Certified Information Security Manager ‘CISM’
• At least 3 years Information Audit experience
• Membership with ISACA, IIA and ACFE
Key Competences and Characteristics:
- A sound understanding of the ICT system
- Excellent report writing skills
- knowledge of data analytics
- Knowledge of Cyber Forensics.
Medical Officer (2 Posts) – National Social Security Authority
Reporting to the Chief OSH & Rehabilitation Centre Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties.
- Coordinating the operations of the Pneumoconiosis Medical Bureau
- Directing and providing guidance on establishment of Occupational Health services to reduce incidents of occupational related diseases in the country.
- Developing guidelines and systems for early detection and monitoring of occupational diseases for the different sectors to ensure surveillance from the occupational injuries.
- Investigating the cases of occupational diseases in order to target and institute requisite measures to curb the cases
- Giving sound advice on management of workers who contract diseases at their workplaces so as to educate the industry on how to handle non-complicated occupational related injuries.
- Conducting researches on occupational health and give feedback about the research and the related results to relevant key stakeholders.
- Providing Ethical guidelines on health surveillance for the different industrial settings.
- Producing linkages between occupational health and occupational hygiene in industry.
- Providing medical services for NSSA and the industry in general.
- Overseeing Operations of the NSSA Mobile Clinic.
- Providing medical advisory services for claims processing and adjudication for Authority Schemes including impairment assess
- MBChB or equivalent
• Post Graduate qualifications in OSH/Public health is an added advantage
• At least 5-7 years relevant experience of which should be at administrative level
Key Competences and Characteristics:
- Sound knowledge of and practice in occupational health issues
- Ability to detect occupational diseases and relate occupational health conditions to workplace hazards.
- Self-motivated, self-starter who is willing to take initiative, ownership and accountability.
- Strong analytical skills and fact based orientation in decision making,
- Creative problem solving ability to business problems in complex matrix organisation structure
- Ability to influence cross functional teams, cultivate relationships, build consensus and influence business partners.
- Experience in effective advertising and creative communication, evaluation and execution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Those interested in pursuing these opportunities should submit their CVs to email@example.com by close of business on Friday 24 November 2017.