Underwriter (2) – Bilingual (French And English) – Project specific
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities (for both positions)
The Underwriters will be responsible for developing and implementing solutions for the protection of companies, banks and other business interests that have transactions exposed to credit or political risks. He/she will help to develop the existing range of products and promote them with potential clients and stakeholders. Starting from a sound understanding of the transactions that are proposed, he/she will develop solutions that meet both the clients’ needs and ATI’s guidelines. He/she will negotiate the solutions with all parties involved, prepare the contractual documents and manage the client relationship.
Education and Experience
• An advanced University degree in Insurance, Banking, Law, Economics, Business Administration, or related area plus 5 years post-qualifying experience, or first degree plus 8 years post-qualifying experience
• Professional qualifications in insurance or banking would be an added advantage
• Technical understanding and expertise in the respective products
• Working knowledge, understanding and hands on experience with banking, political, trade and credit risk insurance, and related products (whole turnover trade credit, surety bonds, insurance of commercial loans, single obligor insurance, and trade finance), invoice discounting and factoring, credit management etc
• International experience in ATI member states and/or countries of similar profile to ATI member states (please visit the website for updated member states)
He or She will either be based in Nairobi at ATI’s head office or one of the field offices.
Besides the tax exempt basic salary to be paid in USD, the position comes with diplomatic immunities and privileges as well as other benefits provided by leading multilateral organizations
1. Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, ATI’s Personal History Form, details of your current remuneration package to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The Personal History Form can be obtained by clicking the link below
3. The closing date for application is Saturday, 2nd December 2017 at mid-night Nairobi time
4. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements included in the detailed job-description and submitting applications in compliance with points 1 – 3 above will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancy, to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.