Moonlight Funeral Assurance has partnered with Old Mutual to launch a new funeral product Moonlight Cash Plus, targeted at those with low disposable income.
Unlike most micro insurance funeral products in the market the Moonlight Cash Plus product offers both funeral services and a cash payout of $500, for as little as $1.79 premium per month.
According to Moonlight Funeral, premium payments can be staggered weekly making it easier for those who cannot afford to pay the $1,79 once off to pay as and when they get income.
Anyone with a valid Zimbabwean ID can apply, subject to terms and conditions. No medical examination is required. However, only people aged 65 years or below may join. The funeral plan can be renewed annually. On renewal, the life insured does not have to be below the maximum age entry of 65 years.
- Flat Lid Casket
- Obtaining pertinent documentation e.g burial order
- Removal of Body from House Mortuary Services Washing and dressing of the deceased Partial embalming
- Hearse transport anywhere in Zimbabwean Overnight(This entails transporting the deceased body from the funeral parlour to the family’s home for an overnight service, then taking the body to the grave site the following day)
- Cash benefit for grocery, transport etc of up to $500 (The Cash Benefit is underwritten by Old Mutual)
Who is Covered
- This funeral policy is for the foundation market, that is for those with low disposable incomes. The funeral plan carries individuals so premium are $1.79 per dependent or child.
- Immediate cover for accidental deaths.
- 3 Months waiting period for deaths due to natural causes.
- 6 Months waiting period for suicidal deaths.