BY Donald Chidoori
The package is expected to make funeral cover available to a larger number of people.
“We are simply trying to cater to our different clients needs,” stated Nyaradzo Life in response to posts about the product on its Facebook page.
RELATED ARTICLE: Nyaradzo dismisses claims that it is terminating policies due to late payment of premiums
Differentiates its self from other cash plan products
Unlike other cash plan funeral cover products on the market the Sahwira Lite has features that make it more affordable, for example: You can add up to three biological/legally adopted children of the principal holder under the age of 23 years on the policy for free (without paying any extra cash) if it is a stand alone policy.
Where the policy is an add-on to an existing policy, all biological/legally adopted children under the age of 23 years are covered for free. (That is more than the three (3) mentioned above).
The product can also be taken as an add on to your group funeral plan or your individual funeral package.
Medical tests are also not required for one to take up this policy
What is not covered
- The cover does not cover for anyone above the age of 70 years.
- The cover does not cover for any death that occurs before the three (3) months waiting period. However, cover is immediate if death is as a result of road traffic accident.
1. All the lives assured under the Sahwira Lite Funeral Cash Plan should be on the same cover level i.e. one cannot opt to cover themself for $500.00 and their dependent/s for $200.00 etc.
2. The policy is available as a stand-alone policy or as an add-on to an existing policy.
3. The policy covers other dependants for an additional premium.
4. Minimum entry age for the principal member is 18 years and maximum is 70 years.
5. In the event of death of the principal member, the benefit is paid to the nominated beneficiary.
Below are the cover levels (cash payout) and premiums per individual: